“Hi all, after finishing work with my presentation file in PowerPoint 2013 because of some emergency I terminated application in an improper manner without making use of “Exit” option. Next time, as I tried to open PPT file, an error message got triggered like “PowerPoint 2013 does not open”! I tried all possible methods but failed to open it. Now, can anyone help me to fix this issue as soon as possible?”
The above error is classic sign of corrupt PowerPoint application. This behavior occurs when user attempts to open damaged PowerPoint 2013 files. There exist many reasons that may corrupt or damage files on Power
Point 2013 application, such as:
- PPTX 2013 file might get corrupt due to bad sector formation on system drive where this file is stored
- Occurrence of some logical conflicts when working with PowerPoint 2013 may corrupt PPT file being opening in it
- Occurrence of any interruption while transferring PPTX 2013 files from one location to another can cause damage to PPTX files
- Complexity in OS installation or reinstallation may lead to corruption of PowerPoint 2013 program files
- Multiple installation of Office suite may promote “PowerPoint 2013 does not open this file” error
PowerPoint 2013 files may refuse to open in any of these above situations. Manual procedure is available to repair such damaged presentation files. There are certain steps user needs to follow to use manual method:
- Open PowerPoint 2013 application, click on Office button
- Click on Open option, it pops a window
- Browse for the location of your PowerPoint file that needs to be repaired and select it
- Click on the drop-down button beside Open option and select ‘Open and Repair’ option from list
Though above mentioned solution works effectively, in some severe damage situation it may fail to fix PowerPoint 2013 files. Under such cases just employ any reliable tool to repair PowerPoint 2013 files on Windows system.
Software to fix PowerPoint 2013 cannot open error:
Yodot PPT Repair is well organized utility to resolve issue of PowerPoint 2013 does not open file on Windows system. It’s advanced scanning technique repairs PowerPoint 2013 file and easily retrieves text slides, formatting, images, hyperlinks, clip arts, tables, charts and more. Along with PowerPoint 2013 it also supports MS PowerPoint 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007 and MS PowerPoint 2010 application versions. In addition, it can fix different presentation file formats such as PPT, PPTX and PPS. User can even fix PPT files from NTFS, NTFS5, FAT16, FAT32, ReFS and ExFAT formatted storage devices. This utility is well suited to work on several Windows OS based PCs & laptops like Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Server 2008.
Simple steps to repair Power Point 2013 files:
First, visit this link to download and install Yodot PPT Repair software on your Windows system > Once installation is successfully completed, launch the software > Browse for your PowerPoint 2013 file that needs to be fixed then click on “Repair” option > Once repair process finishes, this program displays message like “File Repaired Successfully” > It provides one more option to preview fixed file > If you navigate to “Click Here to preview file” button, you can glance at repaired file > Finally, you can save repaired PowerPoint file on selected destination by purchasing license key of this product.