Since my Micro SD card from my mobile was full I thought to transfer its data to my PC. I connected the card to computer using a card reader and it behaved somewhat different from all other times. First of all it didn’t get recognized by computer, after trying several times finally it got connected. When I opened the micro SD card I was literally shocked, I didn’t find any of the data in my card. I am not getting reason behind it. Does my files have gone forever? Or is it possible to recover them?
Yes it is possible to regain your files from micro SD card. First of all stop accessing (read/write) the SD card. If the files has been deleted, then there is still a chance to retrieve it. Because whenever any data is deleted, OS won’t remove it permanently, files will be still intact on that memory location, but can be overwritten by new data i.e. any new data can replace those files. So it is recommended to extract the files as soon as you face data loss situation. There are number of reasons due to which one might face such data loss/deletion issues such as:
- Accidentally erasing the vital files from micro SD card while removing unwanted ones
- If micro SD card is affected with virus
- Abrupt removal of card while using it
- Frequent usage of same SD card on multiple devices
- Sudden system shut down during file transfer process
- Mistakenly formatting SD card while formatting some other drive
- If the card is showing format error
These are some of the reasons behind data loss from micro SD card. Now if you are looking for the best micro SD card recovery program then you are into right place, because this page will introduce a popular card recovery application.
Yodot Card Recovery is a well-known tool to regain data from micro SD card. It is built with the unique algorithm and has user friendly interface which provides flexibility and accuracy to the user. This software consists of intensive scanning technology which performs rapid scan and retrieves file within less amount of time. It supports recovery of files from all the devices/drives such as memory card, pen drive, hard drive, external hard drive etc. This tool is compatible to work on Windows Computers running with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 operating systems. And Mac system running with, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite. It is capable of classifying recovered files in an easy to select fashion.
Instruction to retrieve data from micro card:
- Connect the micro SD card to a healthy computer.
- Download and install the tool on that computer
- Launch the utility and follow procedure displayed on the screen
- You will receive two option on main screen i.e., “Deleted Photo Recovery” and “Lost Photo Recovery”, select option based on data loss situation and proceed
- In the next window application will display a list of available drives in the system
- Choose the drive from where you want to restore files
- Application will scan the selected drive thoroughly and displays regained files in “Data View” / “File Type View”
- Select the appropriate destination location to save the regained files