Intentional or unintentional deletion of pictures from photo booth can be a painful experience, especially when the photos are valuable. Let us see a case where Mac Photo Booth user have faced a similar situation:
“Hi, I accidently deleted my pictures on photo booth. Now when I open photo booth it displays my photo library cannot be located error message. What it means? How to retrieve my pictures in such situations?”
When you can’t locate some of your favorite pictures, it’s definitely annoying especially when those media items mean the whole world to you. Actually, lost or deleted pictures can be recovered easily from Photo Booth. Here are a few recovery methods:
- Look up in Photo Booth library and Mac Trash
By default, all pictures are saved in Photo Booth Library in .jpeg format. So the initial step is to see if images are still in the Picture folder, follow these steps to access that folder:
- On Mac desktop, move your cursor on top left panel > Go > Computer > Macintosh HD > Users> (Your Username) > Pictures.
- To check in Photo Booth library, right click on it > choose show package contents > Pictures, in this folder you may see your photos.
- Go to Mac trash and try to find your files, if you can see your files then restore them else follow next technique.
- Recover pictures via Time Machine Backup
Mac Time Machine Backup will help you only if you have set up to backup Mac data regularly. Just go to right snap, select the footages you want and replace the library with newer files. Unfortunately, if you have not set up Time machine then Where to Find Photo Booth Pictures on Mac? Stop worrying, and try the third solution.
- Make use of Mac photo Recovery application
A third party application like Yodot Mac Photo Recovery application will help you to recover deleted image files from Mac Photo Booth. It works great to retrieve lost/deleted/formatted files like images, audios, videos, documents and many other files. Its user-friendly interface turns the complicated data recovery progress into some simple clicks. This software not only retrieves from Mac hard drive but it can also regain data from external hard drives, pen drives, memory cards and from many other storage devices. This tool helps to perform picture recovery with only a few simple steps:
- Download and Install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery utility on Mac machine
- Run it by following step by step instructions
- Main screen will provide two options, “Lost Photo Recovery”, “Deleted Photo recovery ”
- Make the selection as per data loss situation
- Choose the drive from where recovery has to be done
- Select the required file type or click on Skip to select by default
- Then, Software will display all the recovered files
- Preview and save them on required memory location
- Whenever you face data loss crises, stop using that storage device until you recover data from it
- Make sure you set up Time Machine to backup Mac data regularly
- Always save a copy of your important files on external storage devices